July 29, 2024

Translation: Honey Moon (Haruomi Hosono)

Honey Moon is from Side B of Tropical Dandy. 

Side B of Tropical Dandy is as good as I can imagine music getting. 

Side A is too. 

All hail the mustachioed one.

But there's also an awesome Honey Moon — a duet with Akiko Yano  on Hosono's (as yet...!) uncelebrated 1993 album, Medicine Compilation from the Quiet Lodge (not really a compilation).



:::



The setting sun is in my heart.
The honey moon is in the sky.
Angels come to earth at night.
Our dreams are their hair swaying.

A serenade like touching silk.
The honey moon is in the sky.
My chest's a trembling pegasus
and its mane, too, is swaying.

Shall I captivate you with this love song
as the full moon tiptoes closer?
We'll be heading back up there
but not so soon, don't worry.

Swaying...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translation: Wayside Grass (Chu Kosaka)

Commenting on Arigatou's songs as I post these translations has got me addicted to the album again. The more I listen to it, the more be...