July 21, 2024

Translation: It's Infuriating (Happy End)

All but two of the songs on Yudemen have Takashi Matsumoto lyrics. The two that don't are an all-Hosono song near the end of Side A and Ohtaki's It's Infuriating in the middle of Side B. On the level of lyrics alone, I'd say it's a finer specimen than his other "solo" Happy End song, Kazemachi Roman's Typhoon. It has a more concentrated mood, and the last verse is worthy of Takashi.

Musically it veers to the rock side of Yudemen's folk-rock equation. My favorite thing about Yudemen is the closer, but my second favorite is the Shigeru Suzuki solos, and this has killer ones.



:::



What's going on here?
The ticking of the clock
is getting on my nerves
and I can't sleep.
I can't sleep at all.
It's infuriating.

I'm in pain.
I'm in serious pain.
I can't even take a proper breath.
It's too much.
It's too much this time.
It's infuriating.

I hate it.
I hate it.
There's nothing good
about hanging out in the city
and there's nothing good
about staying at home.
It's infuriating.
Infuriating.
Infuriating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translation: Wayside Grass (Chu Kosaka)

Commenting on Arigatou's songs as I post these translations has got me addicted to the album again. The more I listen to it, the more be...